Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5712 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Had my first scrimmage last night. Game started with the temp at 40 and the wind gusting over 30mph, steady at 25mph. It was COLD!!!! Game ended with the temp at 33 and the same wind. It was brutal. The best place to be was behind the plate with all your gear on. It sucked to be the BU.

I'm in Southern Texas. It's not supposed to be that cold for baseball.

  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

My very first scrimmage ever it was snowing. So I feel your pain.

But here in NC were going to be in the mid upper 70's today, Don't worry I'm sure it will be gone just in time for me to go to a week long camp coming up...

Posted

I will be going to the Southern Umpire Camp next week in Atlanta. I hope we have good weather! :unsure:

Posted

Jax,

When I went last year the weather was awesome. I only wore my jacket 1 day in the morning. You will have a great time.

Good to hear. Right now the projected weather seems decent.

Posted

Recieved my test for the upcoming HS season in the mail on Tuesday along with 16.5 inches of snow, 47 mph winds and snow drifts reaching 15' in some areas around town ... yep Spring ball is right around the corner, I can feel it !

Posted

Had my first scrimmage last night. Game started with the temp at 40 and the wind gusting over 30mph, steady at 25mph. It was COLD!!!! Game ended with the temp at 33 and the same wind. It was brutal. The best place to be was behind the plate with all your gear on. It sucked to be the BU.

I'm in Southern Texas. It's not supposed to be that cold for baseball.

Crybaby. That is May baseball weather here.

Man Up

Sending greetings from the 2nd coldest capital in the world. Where a couple of weeks ago we were -30C/-22F

Posted

Had my first scrimmage last night. Game started with the temp at 40 and the wind gusting over 30mph, steady at 25mph. It was COLD!!!! Game ended with the temp at 33 and the same wind. It was brutal. The best place to be was behind the plate with all your gear on. It sucked to be the BU.

I'm in Southern Texas. It's not supposed to be that cold for baseball.

Crybaby. That is May baseball weather here.

Man Up

Sending greetings from the 2nd coldest capital in the world. Where a couple of weeks ago we were -30C/-22F

It would be nice if all you guys would add your locations to the profile under your avatar.

Posted

My first regular season D1 game, it was 30 degrees, 20MPH winds and snow flurries. Loooong game, home getting killed and wouldn't take the slaughter, suffered through nine innings.

Posted

Had my first scrimmage last night. Game started with the temp at 40 and the wind gusting over 30mph, steady at 25mph. It was COLD!!!! Game ended with the temp at 33 and the same wind. It was brutal. The best place to be was behind the plate with all your gear on. It sucked to be the BU.

I'm in Southern Texas. It's not supposed to be that cold for baseball.

Crybaby. That is May baseball weather here.

Man Up

Sending greetings from the 2nd coldest capital in the world. Where a couple of weeks ago we were -30C/-22F

It would be nice if all you guys would add your locations to the profile under your avatar.

Ottawa for him.


×
×
  • Create New...