Shirts

umpire_scott
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4299 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

When I moved to St. Louis from Phoenix I got rid of most of my umpiring shirts because they were patched with Arizona organizations. So I want to purchase some shirts. I have a few questions regarding colors and brands:

1. I see guys wearing all different colors out here (red, navy, cream, powder, black). I even saw two guys with a shade of blue I had never seen before. I guess I would call it royal blue. What is the standard out here in the Midwest? Is it a state-by-state thing?

2. I notice that some of the material in the shirts out here that I've seen are much lighter material than those I would purchase back in Arizona. I would like to find a place online to order some, but I hate to buy based on the description of how light the material is. Has anyone ordered shirts online that they can vouch for are very lightweight?

All kinds of different opinions pf what bramd to buy on here. As far as colors id start with the basics ( navy, black, powder blue) then start getting into some other colors (red, cream, powder/black, grey, camo, tie die, etc ) as you pick up more games and tourneys and start working with different people.

Best thing to do would be to wait until you pick an association to join and see what colors they allow.

Red, navy, cream, powder, white, grey, pink, canada blue (is that right?), and black are what we wear. You just have to match your partner. Nothing worse than when you have to wear 1 color all day because dude doesn't have shirts. Figure out who youre gonna work for and ask what the standard colors are.

Red, navy, cream, powder, white, grey, pink, canada blue (is that right?), and black are what we wear. You just have to match your partner. Nothing worse than when you have to wear 1 color all day because dude doesn't have shirts. Figure out who youre gonna work for and ask what the standard colors are.

This is why i keep a couple sizes of a couple different colors in my bag. In Kitchener the mandated "must have" color is navy, and in Guelph it is powder or black if you are a level 3 (6 years plus experience) or above. RCBL is more or less a beer league that doesn't really care what color you wear or if you match your partner (I always do, I think it looks more professional) and in the GHBL so long as we look pretty together with matching colors, take your pick. I have Navy, powder, black, cream and red. as you might be able to tell from the avatar, I kinda like the red, though not many umpires around here unless they have years and years of experience don't have red (which is why i have 2 of them and they are washed directly after every use)

Its navy with goofy looking red stripes at the shoulder

I have all the colors I listed besides the canada blue. I think that one is ugly.

What is "Canada blue"?

I have all the colors I listed besides the canada blue. I think that one is ugly.

What is "Canada blue"?

Oh, it's that crap shirt that one guy was trying to sell a few years ago -- the one that sorta looks like the navy jacket. Gotcha.

I'm pretty easy this time of the season. I carry polo blue and black. I have both the "old style" and the MLB Majestic versions. The navy stuff gets put away the second that HS season is over.

What is "Canada blue"?

Oh, it's that crap shirt that one guy was trying to sell a few years ago -- the one that sorta looks like the navy jacket. Gotcha.

I'm pretty easy this time of the season. I carry polo blue and black. I have both the "old style" and the MLB Majestic versions. The navy stuff gets put away the second that HS season is over.

That's the one. I hate it. Looks like softball.

We added white this year, in addition to black (standard for school ball), navy, cream, light blue and that god-awful red.

As for purchasing new shirts, I've had success with +POS, although you can't get ahold of their customer service line - ever. Good quality shirts in the $15-25 range.

Cliff Keene has lightweight fabric that's comfortable and breathable in the $30-40 range.

U-A has a ton of stuff and great service.

Honigs has shirts under $30 and they wear well.

I like the Keene shirts best, but they're the most expensive as well.

• Like 1

What is "Canada blue"?

The blue that I saw a few weeks ago for the first time actually looked very close to the color of the catcher's jersey in your avatar.

The basics will depend on what your state requires for high-school first off, so start there. Here in Michigan, it's Navy ( :( ) But, for summer ball, regular league and tournaments, we usually rock black, pro-powder (black collar), and cream. The rest, for marathon tourneys are: white, red, MLB sky, MLB black, pink, gray