Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5198 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Saw these on the Purchase Officials website:

http://www.purchaseofficials.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=ST-1728

http://www.purchaseofficials.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=ST-1670

Not a bad price. Im sure these are made overseas vs the Hardwick made Honig's/UA pants. Might be good though - Ive been looking for a "cheaper" pair of Charcoal pants to give the real Poly Wools a break on dusty fields. Havent been able to find any of the polyester pants that I like enough.

  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Dont know why these are listed as "new" but I have several pairs from 2009 - 2011 and love them. The 2009 dont have the expandable waist but the others do. They match the Honigs in color. And once the umpires are standing a couple of feet apart you cant tell the difference (well, the belt loops on mine are kind of narrow but no one looks that close at them). So when I bought them the price was a lot better than the honigs. Now the honigs have come down in price so its a more difficult decision.

Posted

I have seen these adverised for a while now but haven't really heard anything good or bad about them. :shrug:

Posted

Dont know why these are listed as "new" but I have several pairs from 2009 - 2011 and love them. The 2009 dont have the expandable waist but the others do. They match the Honigs in color. And once the umpires are standing a couple of feet apart you cant tell the difference (well, the belt loops on mine are kind of narrow but no one looks that close at them). So when I bought them the price was a lot better than the honigs. Now the honigs have come down in price so its a more difficult decision.

Are yours 100% polyester or a poly/wool blend? I didn't think Smitty offered polywools before this year.

Posted

These that Purchase Officials are advertising appear to be different than the 100% polyester charcoal Smitty slacks carried by Ump-Attire.

In fact, Purchase Officials indicates they are carrying both these new Poly Wools and the regular 100% polyester slacks:

http://www.purchaseofficials.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&category=1001

Posted

They have been on their site all year. Have not seen anyone else carrying them or wearing them yet.

Posted

I am sure someone will get their hands on them and make a side by side comparison with Hongis and UA poly wools. They look rather dark on the pictures.

Posted

Dont know why these are listed as "new" but I have several pairs from 2009 - 2011 and love them. The 2009 dont have the expandable waist but the others do. They match the Honigs in color. And once the umpires are standing a couple of feet apart you cant tell the difference (well, the belt loops on mine are kind of narrow but no one looks that close at them). So when I bought them the price was a lot better than the honigs. Now the honigs have come down in price so its a more difficult decision.

Are yours 100% polyester or a poly/wool blend? I didn't think Smitty offered polywools before this year.

Ah -- that could be it. I completely missed that part of the post. RIF.


×
×
  • Create New...