Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5212 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I know it's been awhile since I've bothered my fellow brothers but I have a few questions. What a busy and hot as hell season so far.

On a KS, the ball deflects in front of the plate, F2 hollers "inside", right then BR immediately alters his path and starts running way inside the runners lane. F2 throws to F1 without issues........but. What if his throw is errant and goes into RF because the runner made him throw wider than expected? Is that interfernece? Does the throw need to hit BR? I'm hearing conflicting responses. I think that would be interference because he "intentionally" interferred with the throw. Thoughts.

Posted

It's nothing until he gets to the 45' lane.

In FED, it does not have to be a quality throw, but in NCAA/OBR, the umpire has to judge a quality to throw to have runner lane interference.

If a runner runs the entire way out of the lane, he is not protected when he exits the lane to touch first base.

Again, FED removes all judgment. A batter/runner can run to the inside, the outside, or in the lane. The only time he's protected for certain is when he is in the lane.

Posted

I agree with Johnny. One correction on the op though. F1 is the pitcher. I assume you meant F3 which is the first baseman.

  • Like 1
Posted

In fed, BR is out. OBR, F2 has to make a good throw. If the throw would have pulled F3 off the bag, no INT. Ruleset means everything.

×
×
  • Create New...