Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5691 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I mix it up... sometimes 2 balls and 2 strikes, sometimes 2-2, sometimes 22... what difference does it make... but I never say NO balls and X strikes...

Posted

...Todays mechanics are different then what was taught 20 yrs ago or as mentioned even 10 yrs. ago.

I just strive for uniformity across the board if you will. The pro-school obviously concentrates on teaching the best way to do it.

  • 3 months later...
Posted

I worked with a former minor league umpire this past weekend (graduate of Jim Evans). I had always been told to say 3 balls 2 strikes etc. However he told me that they teach just to say 3 - 2. Has anyone who has been to pro school validate this? While I will continue to do what my association ask, I would like to know the answer to this. He also had a problem with me being in C with 1st & 3rd (13U), I know I've worked FED to long. But I have trained myself to be in B with 1st & 3rd in college games.

do not say 2 balls 2 strikes--just 2-2 2-1 1-2 etc etc--with runner on 1&3 field ump is in b

FED is in c but more and more High School associations are going to the NCAA-Major leage mechanics of ump in b with 1&3 .

runners on first and third...in the b position or c position...where do they mean by b and by c

Posted

I worked with a former minor league umpire this past weekend (graduate of Jim Evans). I had always been told to say 3 balls 2 strikes etc. However he told me that they teach just to say 3 - 2. Has anyone who has been to pro school validate this? While I will continue to do what my association ask, I would like to know the answer to this. He also had a problem with me being in C with 1st & 3rd (13U), I know I've worked FED to long. But I have trained myself to be in B with 1st & 3rd in college games.

do not say 2 balls 2 strikes--just 2-2 2-1 1-2 etc etc--with runner on 1&3 field ump is in b

FED is in c but more and more High School associations are going to the NCAA-Major leage mechanics of ump in b with 1&3 .

runners on first and third...in the b position or c position...where do they mean by b and by c

Base umpire

B = First base side in rear of mound

C= Third base side in rear of mound

Posted

Base umpire

B = First base side in rear of mound

C= Third base side in rear of mound

More specifically, B is a position halfway between the pitcher's rubber and 2B (or the back of the dirt circle and the cut-out at 2B), along an imaginary line extending from the point of home plate through the edge of the dirt circle on the 1B side. C is the same position, except the line extends through the 3B side of the dirt circle.

  • Like 1
×
×
  • Create New...