Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5883 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I purchased one of these on ebay from the following seller, only I purchased the last one from his other listing that had large's.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Honigs-Navy-Umpire-Shirt-Long-Sleeve-NEW-Sz-Med-/390226811526?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

I thought "WOW! only $16.92 with shipping" - that would be a great buy. I could make use out of it. I bought it Wed. and recieved it today. I thought I was ordering just plain navy long sleeve Honigs shirt....I was wrong.

Once I opened it from it packaging, still new in the plastic, I realized that on the back of the shirt was a sewed Americag flag patch and underneath it an embroidered MiLB logo. :wow:

Shirt is brand new, but this doesn't do me much good. I don't think I should wear it. :D Though I do own a short sleeve MiLB +POS shirt I obtained through ebay. So this is the perfect complement to my collection? I still don't have a long sleeve shirt to wear though. :cheers:

Just beware if any of you purchase one of these.

259vptd.jpg

Edited by Daniel
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Why...the courts have ruled there is no such thing as stolen valor...maybe we should just follow their lead...:D:cheers::WTF

Eff the courts and their stolen valor ruling. :wow:

Posted

Step 1: remove the patch

Step 2: move it down 2 inches.

Step 3: Sleep better at night

Or, just wear the "as seen on TV" shirts, and don't worry about it. I've got a whole bunch of those shirts for my Junior umpires. They're stout. Some MiLB umpire was selling off his gear, and I got a HUGE box of stuff, including a dozen shirts.

If you're trying to pass yourself off as something you're not, don't wear them. I think they're just shirts, and you shouldn't worry about it in an kids game, if that's what you're working.

Posted

Step 1: remove the patch

Step 2: move it down 2 inches.

Step 3: Sleep better at night

I thought about that...but it may leave some ugly stitch marks.

I know someone mentioned that Honig's at one point changed their supplier...and there was an logo that was sewn on...I can tell it was one of those shirts. I believe they also said the quality was different. Though I tried it on and it looks good and seems pretty warm. :home:

Posted

I have a polo blue plate shirt with that gawd-awful black tab with the Honig's logo stuck on the shirt. They were selling off their shirts for $16 each, and I couldn't figure out why until I saw it.

So, I stuck it in the closet and readied it for sale or give-away. Then I decided that if I was ready to give it away, then I wouldn't mind terribly much if I butchered it trying to remove that ill-conceived patch (that I am sure was cheaper to produce). It looks fine. So if the same 10-year-old Pakistani girls who sewed on the gawd-awful black logo tabs sewed on the American flags, you should leave no mark at all. (I gave the black tab to a buddy of mine so he could stick it on his Official's Choice convertible smock.)

I get to wear a Honig's shirt, and without any visible Honig's logo, it looks just like a Majestic. It's the best of both worlds!


×
×
  • Create New...