Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5260 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I just can't believe the number of umpires in my area who don't own plate shoes and wear sneaker's while doing the plate. Are they just plain crazy or they just can't afford it? I'm not talking about LL umpires with the ballon cp's, I'm talking about guys who are doing $50 games going without plate shoes. And then when they do own plate shoes, they look like they went muddin' in the swamps, I mean I spend 5 mins cleaning up my shoes with murphies, water, and hairspray and I get all the compliments in the world- not that I care.

I just don't get it... and we live 20 min's from Honigs....

Posted

They simply don't care and probably don't know any better. They're happy working their $50 games and probably not broken a foot.

They might be using that money to eat...but my statement to that is if umpiring money is money that an umpire NEEDS to live, then why sacrifice a season of game fees by breaking your foot when $100 could prevent it?

  • Like 1
Posted

They simply don't care and probably don't know any better. They're happy working their $50 games and probably not broken a foot.

They might be using that money to eat...but my statement to that is if umpiring money is money that an umpire NEEDS to live, then why sacrifice a season of game fees by breaking your foot when $100 could prevent it?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

CAN I GET AN AMEN!?!?!

  • Like 1
Posted

They simply don't care and probably don't know any better. They're happy working their $50 games and probably not broken a foot.

They might be using that money to eat...but my statement to that is if umpiring money is money that an umpire NEEDS to live, then why sacrifice a season of game fees by breaking your foot when $100 could prevent it?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

CAN I GET AN AMEN!?!?!

AMEN Brother

×
×
  • Create New...