Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5281 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

I watched this game on the Orioles station, some of Laz's strike calls on the outside "corner" against the Yankees were a bit ridiculous; looked like rec ball a few times (Jim Palmer commenting on it didn't help either).

I will say that things tightened up a bit after he and Girardi had this exchange, especially when the Yankees brought in Mo Rivera to finish up in the 10th. Let's just say Laz "squeezed" the zone just a bit :)

Posted

I love how even the title of the article takes a shot at the umpire. Figures. It could just as easily read "Girardi acts likes a child as Yanks get swept".

This stuff happens every day in every game, at least the casual fan gets a small glimpse into our world through this.

I might whip this one out on the field myself next time an idiot coach wants to ride my jock over balls and strikes.

Posted

I love how even the title of the article takes a shot at the umpire. Figures. It could just as easily read "Girardi acts likes a child as Yanks get swept".

This stuff happens every day in every game, at least the casual fan gets a small glimpse into our world through this.

I might whip this one out on the field myself next time an idiot coach wants to ride my jock over balls and strikes.

Oh, I wish I could, however, I believe I would be eating crow and having to explain myself to an assignor if an ejection ensues.

Posted

I love how even the title of the article takes a shot at the umpire. Figures. It could just as easily read "Girardi acts likes a child as Yanks get swept".

This was against Baltimore. You might want to check on who was the sweeper and who was the sweepee. ;)


×
×
  • Create New...