Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5944 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

So, in Mazza's scenario, we have in OBR, he's fine, but in FED or NCAA he's out. One foot in the box, and the other touching the line but also touching the plate?

YES?

In FED and NCAA it becomes an illegally batted ball - out - just like the rule says.

  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

So, in Mazza's scenario, we have in OBR, he's fine, but in FED or NCAA he's out. One foot in the box, and the other touching the line but also touching the plate?

YES?

I was 2/3 correct. I was thinking Fed, and assumed OBR was the same. I guess I do learn something new everyday.

Posted

FED: 7-3 A Batter Shall Not

ART. 2 . . . Hit the ball fair or foul while either foot or knee is touching the ground completely outside the lines of the batter's box or touching home plate.

Ahhhhh......Now I remember all the hooplah about knee touching the plate at the state clinic.


×
×
  • Create New...