Joyce's call

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5086 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my only thought I want to leave on this thread,......Jim Joyce's call prooved to me how ethical he is as an umpire.....

you know he knew the situation...(last out perfect game) and he made a call that he truly believed was correct.......regardless of the situation and regardless of the controversy.....He made the call he thought was right.....

how many umpires facing the same situation would do the same.......since it happended, umpires from my chapter have said no way they whould they have called that guy safe regardless of the play.... they would have had the out call ready the moment the ball was fielded....

I want a partner who is courageous enough to make the hard call in a tough situation........

Jim gets high praise from me for his ethics and his handling of the aftermath of his missed call.......

Edited by Stan W.

Any thoughts on Joyce's missed call at first base preventing a perfect game?

I know i've missed plenty of calls, but never became infamous for them. Hope all goes well with his career...

Joyce's missed call? What? Preventing a perfect game?

When did this happen?

:wave:

/sarcasm off/

Check the 'Professional' category if you want to catch up.