Site Redesign

Umpire in Chief
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5684 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I've nearly completed the site redesign. I've replaced the reviews and articles sections and included them in the forum. I've put blogs back up which are much more feature rich. I've added your local weather to the home page. This will require you to enter your zip code in your user profile. As of now this only works for US cities. I know we have over a dozen Canadian friends here and I am looking to find a tool which is compatible and can offer Canadian weather.

I think you will find the new site leaner, faster with more functionality. I still have a trick or two up my sleeve which I'm working on.

If there are any features you would like to see or if you have any questions or ideas let me know. I look forward to your feedback.

Thanks for your support!

Warren

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree the site looks and so far works great!

. As of now this only works for US cities. I know we have over a dozen Canadian friends here and I am looking to find a tool which is compatible and can offer Canadian weather.

No need for it in the winter, its always snowing:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I use my laptop almost exclusively now so I am using Exployer. I use Firefox on my home computer but have never been to this site on the PC. I will try to do that and see if I have any problems.

To tell you the truth, The only downside I have found with Firefox is my son can't get AIM to work with it. Not personally I'm not seeing the downside but my son sure complains about it. :confused:

Edited by mstaylor

Right now I've got it down to 1 major thing. In the header of the page right under where it says Umpire-Empire in the blue field. In IE it looks correct, In FF there is an extra large space between it and the navigation buttons. This pushes the grey box below the nax buttons too far down.

I hope to have it fixed tonight, but I might get bored/frustrated and load more smilies or something else that's not important.