Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5963 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Just a shout out to Umpire Empire for remembering our soldiers that have died protecting our freedom. I am sure everyone can think of someone they know that has either died or served in our Armed Forces. Take a moment to say a little prayer for those serving and a thank you to for those that gave the ultimate sacrifice.

"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13

Thank you to all of those that have served and are serving. I appreciate you choice and you are in my prayers.:yippie:

  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

+1.. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend! Also a big thanks to everyone that has in the past, present or will in the future serve in the military.

RIP Travis (4/3/08).

You will be missed, but never forgotten.

Posted

My home arena that I work in is a war memoriaal but we also have a memorial with the plaques for the fallen residents. Yesterday a young man recieved his commision into the marines in front of the memorial. He was commissioned by his father who is a general. Today he is getting married.

Monday we will have a big ceremony for the verterns. My son's JrROTC unit handles the flags, my wife is in charge and I run the sound.

Posted

Not trying to promote Joe West but his tribute to the Military at the end pretty much sums things up. Quoted from Joe's CD below.

"Tony Blair was asked by a member of his parliament, why he always took up for the American's, and he responded by saying, You judge a country by how many people are trying to get into it, and how many people are trying to get out. And you have to remember, there are only 2 people who've ever died for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, and the other died for your freedom."

And yes, per the internet, Blair said the first part (although in different words) and some internet forwarder penned the 2nd part.

Posted

My home arena that I work in is a war memoriaal but we also have a memorial with the plaques for the fallen residents. Yesterday a young man recieved his commision into the marines in front of the memorial. He was commissioned by his father who is a general. Today he is getting married.

Monday we will have a big ceremony for the verterns. My son's JrROTC unit handles the flags, my wife is in charge and I run the sound.

Sounds like the Marines found another Good Man.

Posted

http://blip.tv/file/2246058

Georgia welcomes home a fallen hero in 2009. A friend shared this on Facebook, thought I'd share it here.

I had seen this and it still gives me goosebumps. Thanks for sharing.

On another note, I wish I had taken some pics or video. There is a group of people in our area that put on a "Wounded Warriors Weekend". It involves a day of fishing in the bays or Gulf of Mexico. The local towns were notified when the buses and procession were coming through and both sides of the street were packed. It was awesome to see the support for our Heroes.

Posted

Just a shout out to Umpire Empire for remembering our soldiers that have died protecting our freedom. I am sure everyone can think of someone they know that has either died or served in our Armed Forces. Take a moment to say a little prayer for those serving and a thank you to for those that gave the ultimate sacrifice.

"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13

Thank you to all of those that have served and are serving. I appreciate you choice and you are in my prayers.;)

txump81,

That's my favorite scripture and one they had us memorize when I was in the Corps of Cadets at Texas A&M!

Thank you and thanks to Warren for the poignant reminder on the website to commemorate this special day. Thanks to all the veterans who have come before, those serving now and those yet to come. Finally, thanks to all here for your thoughts, prayers and appreciation...it does make a difference!

Posted (edited)

Company E-1. Class of '03

No sh_t...small world! Sqdn 3, '91.

How 'bout those Big 12 Conference Champions!?!?! :( Gig 'em!

They play FIU in Regionals on Friday...will be interesting to see if they stop Wittles' streak.

Edited by Big Red

×
×
  • Create New...