Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5481 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I know this has to be a simple answer but I have drawn a blank.

One of the guys at work is a local Rec League Coach and He asked this morning if a Trip to the Mound between innings is considered an official conference.

Help! :shakehead:

  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Posted

I know this has to be a simple answer but I have drawn a blank.

One of the guys at work is a local Rec League Coach and He asked this morning if a Trip to the Mound between innings is considered an official conference.

Help! :shakehead:

Rolando, I can't confirm it right now, but ......I think it is.....if he crosses the foul line, ...visit ......

Posted

I know this has to be a simple answer but I have drawn a blank.

One of the guys at work is a local Rec League Coach and He asked this morning if a Trip to the Mound between innings is considered an official conference.

Help! :shakehead:

Jax,

Not in OBR, NCAA, or FED - unless his presence delays the start of the subsequent half inning.

JM

  • Like 1
Posted

Jax,

Not in OBR, NCAA, or FED - unless his presence delays the start of the subsequent half inning.

JM

Bingo.

Posted

I know this has to be a simple answer but I have drawn a blank.

One of the guys at work is a local Rec League Coach and He asked this morning if a Trip to the Mound between innings is considered an official conference.

Help! :shakehead:

Jax,

Not in OBR, NCAA, or FED - unless his presence delays the start of the subsequent half inning.

JM

This is a good time to do a little preventive umpiring. We talked earlier this week about how to handle a potential "charged trip" to the mound when a pitcher was injured, and I think we pretty much all agreed that there were some techniques we could use that might help a manager not have to get charged with a visit. As soon as the catcher is ready to start receiving warm up pitches, the coach needs to be headed back to his dugout. I've found that a subtle "suggestion" to the coach that his catcher is ready to go will send him the message that it's time to take off from the mound. And this is a good reason why we need to be on the foul line during the half inning when we're on the stick.

Tim.

×
×
  • Create New...