Umpire in Chief

Are you offended by this....

I LOVE it!!!! There's nothing like a good argument between umpires. In regard to the argument about whether it's right to do it for the money, I don't worry about that - I'm in it for the control aspect...

I think I'm in it for the abuse aspect of it. I have coached for years, 24 to be exact. This is my first year of umpiring. My kids have grown, played college ball, moving on in life. Been married for 26 years. Nobody notices me anymore. I need verbal abuse! Someone to call me an idiot once in a while. Everyone at home either ignores me or likes me now, I can't figure out what went wrong, so I'm starting my journey. Being a baseball coach for as long as I have, after taking some camps and studying, I've realized I have no idea what the rules were in the game. This ought to be fun. Wish me luck!

I think I'm in it for the abuse aspect of it. I have coached for years, 24 to be exact. This is my first year of umpiring. My kids have grown, played college ball, moving on in life. Been married for 26 years. Nobody notices me anymore. I need verbal abuse! Someone to call me an idiot once in a while. Everyone at home either ignores me or likes me now, I can't figure out what went wrong, so I'm starting my journey. Being a baseball coach for as long as I have, after taking some camps and studying, I've realized I have no idea what the rules were in the game. This ought to be fun. Wish me luck!

Hey all,

Welcome away from the dark side!!:D:P

Bigdog:cool:

Being thick skinned and not taking it personal is part of officiating. Once you learn to laugh it off, its easy. Remember most coaches and parents who watch really dont know the rules as well as they think they do. As long as you state "in my opinion" youre good to go!!! Balls and strikes baby!!!