Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5508 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Are you saying you don't?

I'm posing the question ........... Posada argued, ... Girardi argued .....I'm asking the question to the forum....

Did I indicate either way?

Posted

Posada argued based on an incorrect understanding of the rule.

Girardi "argued" because one of his veteran players nearly (should have?) got thrown out. There was hardly any substance to Girardi's argument - mostly a "I'm just going to stand here for a while to support my player, but I know you made the right call. So, how was your dinner?"

Posted

I have an attempt. And, if Posada wasn't fixated on a myth (or maybe he is just being the rat he truly is), he would too.

it looked like he was arguing that he wasn't in fair territory.......... :rolleyes: :shakehead:

Posted

The MLB webmaster is doing his part to perpetuate that myth.

9/6/11: Jorge Posada reaches on an error and is called out after appearing to step into fair territory while walking back to first
Posted

The MLB webmaster is doing his part to perpetuate that myth.

9/6/11: Jorge Posada reaches on an error and is called out after appearing to step into fair territory while walking back to first

Nice catch ...I did notice that, but forgot to mention it, thanks!:cheers:

Posted

Definite attempt, he's going after it, then spots F9 coming in to pick up the ball, and decides against it. In fact it looks like everybody BUT Posada saw the attempt, which is why F9 got the ball back into F3 in a hurry to apply the tag.

Girardi is just protecting his guy who is probably more agitated with himself for getting popped than anything. Even if he knows it's a myth, it's really the only argument he has to make, and I don't see it being enough to chuck him, the 1BC did a decent job of trying to draw the attention until Girardi arrived, arguing the same silly myth.


×
×
  • Create New...