Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 6049 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm sorry, but I forget now who it was that asked to see the crazy 'topless' dugouts at Dodgertown in Vero Beach, and I can't find the thread...

But here are a couple of pics of them. Note how the fans are right on top of the players. I'm told this was the original design, and it has remained that way today.

20HolmanStadium1.jpg

HolmanStadium5.jpg

  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

A friend of mine is a pitcher in the Dodger's organization...I don't know about the dugouts, but he was telling me he saw several first-to-thirds and at least one 2nd-to-home on passed balls their last spring there, which was his first as an invitee. That backstop is deep.

Edited by Paperipper17
Posted

Too bad the Dodgers left for Phoenix last year. I hear Dodgertown was a pretty unique place, with tons of history. Now, they are in one of the "cookie cutter" parks that everyone else is building in the Cactus League.


×
×
  • Create New...