Danley ...buh-bye!

Thunderheads
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4657 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Arguing balls and strikes isn't enforced, really?

Ignore those silly announcers Mike, come on, you know better than that .... :rolleyes: Wasn't it funny though? :)

Maybe Yost was arguing a check-swing that wasn't requested ?? UEFL showed the diagram of strikes and balls, and there wasn't anything to argue about....

I love the way Danley handled the situation. As he is walking back to the plate it appears he is telling Yost not to go there... and then he does.

Then he calmly lets Yost vent. Danley looked extremely professional in handling everything.

Good video for guys to learn from.

I can't believe I'm defending one of these knuckleheads, but Royals announcer Ryan Lefebvre (son of MLB player and manager Jim Lefebvre) is actually pretty knowledgeable, especially about the rules. That means he can distinguish interference and obstruction 9 times out of 10, and makes fewer stupid statements than most. I think his point was that players and managers chirp about balls and strikes all the time and the "automatic ejection" is not often enforced immediately. Even in this case Danley appeared to warn Yost before the EJ.

That said, I thought it was a good EJ and Danley handled it great. He allowed Yost to vent, but didn't take any crap either.

Pete