Cajuncubsfan

Umpiring my first Adult League Baseball game today at 4pm cst

It'll be fine.

The adult league I do here is absolutely the easiest baseball I do. The only drawback is that they are sure slow on/off the field and sometimes it's hard to find strikes.

It'll be fine.

The adult league I do here is absolutely the easiest baseball I do. The only drawback is that they are sure slow on/off the field and sometimes it's hard to find strikes.

Just finished and you right all the way. It was so hot they didn't want to get out there and play. LOL

I find that most of my problems come with the lower levels of ball. Around here adult league use to be pretty rough on umps, but once we drew the line in the sand about what would be or wouldn't be tolerated we have had very few problems.

Adult baseball is a lot of fun. The league aroud here has a rule that you must be over 35 years of age to pitch. The games have a time limit of 2Hrs. and 50 minutes for a 9 inning game. They can have up to 2 extra hitters or a DH but not both and the DH can bat for any position not just the pitcher. Each player is supposed to play more than one position. And best of all, if there is a question about any rule or call they are very civil about it and don't get in your face about it.

We have a well run adult baseball league, the board is all umpires. Years ago the league was getting pretty ugly and out of control. The umpires insisted on shutting down the problems, plus they wanted a small raise. The league was run by coaches at the time. They decided we would be kicked to the curb. They went out looking for replacements, they got guys with no experience above SrLL, no HS or college umpires at all. Less than half a season they realized the error of their ways and brought the real umpires back. Now, we have few problems, are solvent and host an ER. 

Most of the adult leagues have been done to date the teams have been no real problem, except for the normal strike zone (if they do not swing it must be ball) but that only happens every so often. But you are right they do not hustle on and off the field and it slower with double headers I try to spped things up by allowing only 5 warmups throws after first ing if same pitcher, have on deck batter return the foul tips that go to the screen,  try to call lots of strikes to get them to swing the bat and getting the catcher off the base paths with a generous coursty runner rule interptation by using it is hot and the catchers need to hydrate.