Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5561 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I use an HSM and have always worn a hat to the plate meeting and then put it in my left ball bag prior to the first pitch (as I don't wear one under my HSM and don't understand how anyone does). Most people agree that hat's aren't necessary with HSM's but I like to have one at least for the first impression. I've recently found that this is pretty common for HSM guys, so I ask - if you wear a hat to the diamond but not under your helmet, what do you do with it?

  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Why not just skip the hat and style your hair before you hit the field?

Posted

I wear a 4 stitch hat under my HSM, and the only problem I have is that it feels like its restricting my view but it is really does not. The only downside to it is that I have to loosen the HSM all the way so when I take it off in a rush it doesn't keep the hat. In my opinion a PU without a hat just doesnt look right.

Posted

I usually don't bring my hair to the game...or anyplace else for that matter. :shakehead:

I use a 4 stitch under my HSM and have had no problems in 3 years. I prefer the look of having a hat on. It also absorbs the perspiration. Most guys around here don't where a hat underneath the HSM and it's not required.

YMMV

Posted

I absolutely am kidding. I personally will never use one but many do and that's fine. Two of our top umpires use buckets, one just doesn't wear a hat at all, the other wears his to the plate meeting. He brings his HSM in it's bag, hangs it on the fence, then switches hat for mask after the plate meeting. To be honest, I never really paid it any attention until he was talking about it at our pregame one day.

Posted

I use an HSM and have always worn a hat to the plate meeting and then put it in my left ball bag prior to the first pitch (as I don't wear one under my HSM and don't understand how anyone does). Most people agree that hat's aren't necessary with HSM's but I like to have one at least for the first impression. I've recently found that this is pretty common for HSM guys, so I ask - if you wear a hat to the diamond but not under your helmet, what do you do with it?

You probably already made your first impression by wearing the HSM to start with.
Posted

I've rocked a 4 stitch and a 6 stitch under an HSM .... I use a traditional, but last season I wore one in a few games to see if I liked it ....


×
×
  • Create New...