Online stores!?

ump117
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4710 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I was thinking we should start a thread where everybody posts an online umpire store link...maybe their personal favorite, along with any other sites they may know...Also if you could tell us how the transaction from that website went.

What I am really looking for is some new sites, maybe with some cheaper prices.

Thanks

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried a couple of the cheaper priced online stores before I joined the Empire. With one, I ordered shin guards that did not get shipped in 2 weeks so I cancelled the order. Another I ordered the shin guards again and they were the wrong size. I sent them back, but should have put them on ebay as I lost $20 on the deal paying for return shipping. I got a great deal on shirts from another and the shirts kind of suck. I know there are others out there that are good, but my experience with Honig's and Ump-Attire has been first rate. I will pay the extra couple bucks to get what I want and be treated well. Just my :2cents:

Have used Honigs, Purchase Officials, Lesters Upstate, Joe's Bat ($134.99 for Diamond Bag/Free Delivery and delivered in three days), Direct Sports (Platinum Chest Protector for $129.99 free delivery).

All would get my money again, I use Purchase Officials a lot more due to the quality in Smitty Shirts and the Cost. Will use Gerry Davis for there charcoal pants due to most of the guys in our association use Gerry Davis, I like the smitty charcoal pants.

Just a plug for a local guy...

Flemings Referee & Sport http://www.refandsport.com/

You aren't going to find anything here you won't find anywhere else and you'll probably pay about the same as at other places. But, for me, it is so nice to have a real "brick and mortar" umpire store not far from my house. Nothing compares to being able to try something on in person when it comes to finding the right fit. No mail order hassels to deal with. And, if I really, really need something today, I can get it today.

Thanks for all the replies, Ive never heard of purchase officials or lester upstate, I will definitely check them out.

And Bretman, I agree, but the closest physical store to my house is about 25 minutes, and it is off a highway that is ALWAYS backedup. So I dont often get there, so I rely on online stores for most of my shopping

Thanks again guys