SWMBO leg guard story

Aging_Arbiter
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2026 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  I hope y'all have a SWMBO like mine.  For some time now, I've been hearing the talk on here about the F3 leg guards, did some research, talked to SWMBO about what has been said, I think I'd like to try a pair,  etc. 

On a recent rainy (games cancelled) Saturday here in cloudy 'ol Pennsylvania, I'm downstairs in the man cave, relaxing and catching up on some DVR'd movies with my trusty Bulldog at my side.  She came downstairs to talk about something, and as she headed back upstairs, ended with "oh, and when are you getting this box off of the kitchen table?"  I forget my exact response at the time, but I'm POSITIVE it was something sarcastic.  Needless to say, only a few minutes go by and my curiosity is getting the best of me as I keep trying to remember if I left something on the kitchen table.  So I venture upstairs to find a box (that I did not leave there) on the table..............from ump-attire.  My first reaction was to tell her that while I appreciate the thought, certain equipment is sized, and she shouldn't order it without talking to me. SWMBO just gives me "the look" and says to try them on. 

They fit PERFECT, but I wasn't going to let on just yet. 

I start to explain how she got lucky due to several different sizes of leg guards available.  Then SWMBO says "luck huh?  So measuring your other 2 sets of leg guards, plus inquiring from (a fellow umpire who wears the same size), and comparing that information against the sizing chart is luck?  Sounds like YOU'RE the lucky one".

.........all I could do was drop my ears, tuck my tail and respond with the timeless, all inclusive admission of defeat........."yes, dear".

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  I hope y'all have a SWMBO like mine.  For some time now, I've been hearing the talk on here about the F3 leg guards, did some research, talked to SWMBO about what has been said, I think I'd like to try a pair,  etc. 

On a recent rainy (games cancelled) Saturday here in cloudy 'ol Pennsylvania, I'm downstairs in the man cave, relaxing and catching up on some DVR'd movies with my trusty Bulldog at my side.  She came downstairs to talk about something, and as she headed back upstairs, ended with "oh, and when are you getting this box off of the kitchen table?"  I forget my exact response at the time, but I'm POSITIVE it was something sarcastic.  Needless to say, only a few minutes go by and my curiosity is getting the best of me as I keep trying to remember if I left something on the kitchen table.  So I venture upstairs to find a box (that I did not leave there) on the table..............from ump-attire.  My first reaction was to tell her that while I appreciate the thought, certain equipment is sized, and she shouldn't order it without talking to me. SWMBO just gives me "the look" and says to try them on. 

They fit PERFECT, but I wasn't going to let on just yet. 

I start to explain how she got lucky due to several different sizes of leg guards available.  Then SWMBO says "luck huh?  So measuring your other 2 sets of leg guards, plus inquiring from (a fellow umpire who wears the same size), and comparing that information against the sizing chart is luck?  Sounds like YOU'RE the lucky one".

.........all I could do was drop my ears, tuck my tail and respond with the timeless, all inclusive admission of defeat........."yes, dear".

Hey, go ahead and humor her.  We know she got lucky.

• Haha 2