Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5632 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

U14 travel ....

Outs don't matter ......

I'm PU

Kid hits an inside pitch and pops it up just to the right of the plate about a quarter of the way down first base line, about 8 feet foul .....the kid takes off, sets the bat down ....and the ball comes down (foul) ....hits the bat laying on the ground, .....ball pops up into the air right into the pitchers glove, who gets this AH HAAA moment in his eyes, and he looks at me and shows me the ball , as if to say, ..."blue, ...I caught it!" :)

I call foul, ....I look at my partner as he's nodding/laughing .....and then play resumes ....

Just thought I'd share because I've never seen that before!

  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Nice!

I've never seen that, but I've seen a BR get hit by his own popped-up bunt attempt in foul territory down the 1B line. DM started arguing for an Out. :no:

Posted

I've never seen that, but I've seen a BR get hit by his own popped-up bunt attempt in foul territory down the 1B line. DM started arguing for an Out. :no:

And you didn't because?

Posted

I've never seen that, but I've seen a BR get hit by his own popped-up bunt attempt in foul territory down the 1B line. DM started arguing for an Out. :no:

And you didn't because?

Why should you?

It wasn't a fair ball [7.09(k )] and it wasn't intentionally deflected [7.09(b )].

Posted

I've never seen that, but I've seen a BR get hit by his own popped-up bunt attempt in foul territory down the 1B line. DM started arguing for an Out. :no:

And you didn't because?

Why should you?

It wasn't a fair ball [7.09(k )] and it wasn't intentionally deflected [7.09(b )].

Derp. I missed "foul territory."


×
×
  • Create New...