Sign in to follow this  
ArchAngel72

Couple different things both good news

So.. About 1.5 months ago I was diagnosed with CLL Chronic Lymphoid Leukemia

Not exactly a death sentence but something that would if not treated pretty well mess me up.  No cure yet but pills you can take to handle the issues it causes.  That's how my Dr explained it to me.  Wife was needless to say a nervous wreck.  Well this Tue after more tests I am pleased to say I have a type ( gene 13 type ) that is much much slower acting than normal CLL. Good news is it probably wont affect me for 15 to 20 years and at the rate of how medicine is getting better. The way they treat it and or its handled may be much better by then if not a cure is found.   SO  Great news there.

Wife unit myself and MiL are having a house built literately on the back 40.  Well they started digging the foundation and of course here in the granite state hit bedrock about 3 feet down. So they brought in the "hammer" and started pounding out the ledge for our cellar.  The contractor reported to the MiL that it was gonna be a few days or more to do it and it was 3600$ an hour for those guys to be out there.  She reported that to me last night when I got home and I was floored, I'm not wound up easily but man I thought I was gonna feint. ( I quick figured 30k a day and maybe 120- 180K to do the project)   So I called the contractor this morning after going out and looking at the hole being pounded out.   I saw it looked pretty good after a day's work I would assume it was 1/3rd done.   I ask him how many more days work you think.  He says they tell me 4 to 6 days to do the hole and do a trench out to the road for utilities.  Im like ok 4 to 6 days at 3600$ an hour, For REAL??

He tells me " No No No  3600$  a DAY"

PHEW...  Hallelujah!!  Ok .. 20K for the project.. OK  mind you 20 K is not something to sneeze at but whew I can breath again sure beats 180K ..

SO yeah its been an up and down and UP week  LOL  OH  its the wife and I anniversary 4 years .. feels like 20 LOL..

I need to move to NH if umpires are making that kind of money up there!  :P

Glad to hear the good news and that you have a great outlook on things AA!  I “visited” New Hampshire several years ago (was there for two weeks for mutual aid during Hurricane Irene) and fell in love with it.  Beautiful area ... especially those “back 40s”!

Also, happy anniversary!  (My wife and I had our 24th last weekend!)

1 hour ago, The Man in Blue said:

I need to move to NH if umpires are making that kind of money up there!  :P

Glad to hear the good news and that you have a great outlook on things AA!  I “visited” New Hampshire several years ago (was there for two weeks for mutual aid during Hurricane Irene) and fell in love with it.  Beautiful area ... especially those “back 40s”!

Also, happy anniversary!  (My wife and I had our 24th last weekend!)

Umm LL Umps are volunteer.. well ok a lot are some of us get 40$  a game from town leagues.  Although I heard 1 town is now paying 50$ a game. 

anywho

glad you liked it up here its a very nice state ( if we can keep the liberals out) 

but yeah the woods up here are wonderful 

and Grats on 24!  wish you much luck on making 25   :lol: