OFFICIAL :2-MINUTE REVIEW: NCAA & NAIA Mound Visit Tracker Cards

JimKirk
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1876 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a good enough idea, I decided to copy it so I could print one off myself. I made two versions - one for NCAA and one for NFHS. I made them available as a PDF here. First page is for NCAA the second page for NFHS. Print on an 8-1/2 x 11 paper, fold the sides in (or cut, if you're so inclined), and then fold horizontally, and it fits nicely in the Ump-Life folder. Flip it over to use to the other side.

Is it as nice and professional looking as Ump-Attire's? Nope.
Will it do the job for the price of a single print? That's the idea.

I don't see what the need is to begin with.  Maybe college is a little different, but when I get my (HS) line up cards, after the plate meeting I flip them over and draw lines dividing the card into thirds.  One section labeled "conferences", one section "Courtesy Runners" and the last section "Warnings".

The only thing I could see being "gained" by this, is if your partner is tracking that information on the bases.

What am I missing here folks? Please enlighten me. 

NCAA requires tracking by all umpires (which I then think they changed to at least one base umpire, IIRC?).

I made an NFHS one because it gives me a place to remember all the pertinent info (inning, outs, count, etc.) which I never noted in my lineup cards, and it really costs me nothing.

ok, wasn't aware of the NCAA side of it.  I already have a line up card for HS, I just turn it over, and make notes there.  .....I guess at that level, it could be considered as "not reinventing the wheel"....