Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3146 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

First DH done yesterday.  Anyone else have an experience where a snowman was built in the Bullpen and stayed in play the whole game? yes we had to make a ground rule for it.

Posted

No, on the snowman. 

 

But, I've had to delay a game when it snowed so hard that I felt it was a safety issue.  We did continue after the snow stopped.

Posted

Had a DH back in the day wherein it was "absolutely essential" that they get these games in.  Problem: It was snowing and blowing.  Bigger problem: Big Kahuna Partner was "up north" from Florida and wanted to work the games.  Long story short: The infield had been covered and in good shape.  The outfield was white and accumulating more.  We started with Kahuna on the dish and the wind at his back.  I was concerned about the safety of the BUs (specifically me) and the corners because the visibility was impeded by the driving snow blowing horizontally into our faces and particularly or eyes.  But, I acquiesced to the superior talent and judgment of my crewmembers...until a shot up the middle (I'm in deep B) rolls out to CF and gets lost under the snow.  I could see its track but not the ball.  We're done!

 

   

Posted

our weather was fine yesterday(just a bit cold in game 2 because we got into nighttime and I kept breathing moisture into my mask and my nose started dripping).

The game on the other hand........3:30 11 inning in first one 3-2 that no one could push a run in 8th, 9th, 10th..

second game 3:00 7 inning game 11-6.  both coaches came out on my partner twice each.

Posted

First games of my season are tomorrow! D3 DH on turf, gonna be cool, wet, and slick! But it's baseball season fellas! Who cares about the weather! Can't wait! 

  • Like 2
×
×
  • Create New...