Sign in to follow this  
Mike Walsh

Member Status

I haven't been able to find info on how this site works, although for the important aspects it's intuitive enough to figure out. I can follow posts, reply, start a new post, search, etc. But I haven't been able to figure out why my status shows up as inactive. Currently, I can see in the Who's Online info that there are:   17 Members, 0 Anonymous, 29 Guests . Since I joined, I assume I am not a guest. My name appears when I post, so I'm not anonymous. That leaves member, but since I am contributing every now and then, I feel active. I wondered if there is payment feature that would allow members who are active to participate on some higher level, but if there is, I can't find any reference to it. Any insight? Will I simply pass from inactive to active after a certain number of posts? Thanks.

Mike

I believe a certain number of posts will show your account as active. Sometimes, depending on the site, it can take 24 hours to update. A site I moderate updates at 2am central and that's when status updates show up. I'll assume this site works similarly. There is a premium membership that can be purchased. It gets you some nice discounts to some equipment selling sites, clinics, etc... I'd DM UIC to figure out where "the shop" was moved to. I knew where it was on the old layout but I haven't found it since the change. It's worth purchasing if you plan on buying new gear, attending some of the affiliated clinics, or even just to help keep the site running. Welcome to UE! Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

This is just a hunch, but...

I just looked and saw you've been a member for over six and a half years. Over that time span, you've posted 17 times. Since I currently have fewer posts than you but am not "inactive" (I only recently signed up here) I can only guess that the board software determines your "activity" by using some formula like the "number of posts" divided by the "number of days as a member". If the result is below some threshold value, it designates you as "inactive". Your "Posts per day" value probably has to rise above a certain number for you to be considered a "member" again. That is, of course, unless the admins step in and change it for you.

Like I said, just a guess.

@Mike Walsh thanks for bringing this to my attention. I can't be certain, but it appears that if you were in an inactive status before the update, and returned active it didn't update. I've fixed this for you.

@Mike Walsh thanks for bringing this to my attention. I can't be certain, but it appears that if you were in an inactive status before the update, and returned active it didn't update. I've fixed this for you.

Thanks. I was inactive for quite a while. What brought me back (and got me posting) was an email from Warren inviting me to become active again. 

Mike