Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4510 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Still creasing after all these years.

 

Me too.  And I still form an initial impression based on the blocking of the hats and the shine of the shoes.

  • Like 1
Posted

I crease my caps as it was/is the expected form to do so when I got started. It was expected that you do so, just as it was expected to shine your shoes, have clean pressed pants and wear the correct shirt/jacket combo.  As I look around my association(s) and on TV, be it an NCAA or Milb or MLB umpire, it is still the standard for those umpires that I admire for their skills, deportment and presentation.

 

Creasing may not be as popular as it once was, but to me it's one of those traditional traits I look for in an umpire. To me, its just like Plate coats.....an old tradition for sure, but the plate coat wearer gets the added respect of the Umpire Fraternity....   

Posted

Someone told me that wearing a plate coat for HS games is pretentious.

I'm hoping it's cold at state so I can break it out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

×
×
  • Create New...