Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4521 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm looking to buy a mask or helmet to use as a backup, My budget is $70, can be a HSM or Mask I don't care, if you have something let me know! I'd be especially interested in a Dimond or All Star mask, anything with (a) silverish frame or (b) tan pads would really interest me

  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

With your price range, you should look to spend like 20$ more and get the All-Star FM 4000. If not, the All-Star FM2000 is still an amazing mask. The 4000 is a silver frame, but the brilliance will discipate after a while. The all-pads are black for umpires, but their stock pads are the best stock pads in the business. I put TW pads on mine, but they are great. If you want a HSM, you wont find anything in your price range that offers any type of protection. You should look into the All-star MVP headgear. Not as well versed in those because I only have the mask. The diamond: 

 

http://www.ump-attire.com/Baseball-Umpire-Equipment/Gear-Footwear/Masks/DFM-BL-SV_Diamond-Big-League-Umpire-Mask-Silver

 

is a good mask, light, and good protection, but what ever you do, REPLACE THOSE PADS!!! Put TW pads on it. It is a good mask, but I prefer the All-star 4000 because it is quite lighter than the diamond. 


×
×
  • Create New...