FED Rulebook

maninblack69
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3736 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

@Jglopez7 - In this association in Connecticut technically it's 80. Not sure what it is statewide, might be the same, might not. As far as post-season knows, we have no idea. It was told to us not to expect to work varsity games for at least 3 seasons.

The way the test was explained to us though, that if you score between 70-79 you can still umpire the season, as long as you correct the questions you got wrong with a rules reference and explanation. It's also 100 questions, all true or false and open book.

So we'll see how it goes. I don't think it will be that bad. Just like @BT_Blue said, have to take the questions at face value and not read too far into it. Still have 2 weeks of the clinic to go and 3 weeks until the test. Don't really have an excuse not to be ready at that point, imo anyway.

@Jglopez7 - In this association in Connecticut technically it's 80. Not sure what it is statewide, might be the same, might not. As far as post-season knows, we have no idea. It was told to us not to expect to work varsity games for at least 3 seasons.

The way the test was explained to us though, that if you score between 70-79 you can still umpire the season, as long as you correct the questions you got wrong with a rules reference and explanation. It's also 100 questions, all true or false and open book.

So we'll see how it goes. I don't think it will be that bad. Just like @BT_Blue said, have to take the questions at face value and not read too far into it. Still have 2 weeks of the clinic to go and 3 weeks until the test. Don't really have an excuse not to be ready at that point, imo anyway.

We are given about different 12 test. 3 new per week till end of february or something. You can take it till you pass. Only last recorded grade counts NOT your highest.

We are given about different 12 test. 3 new per week till end of february or something. You can take it till you pass. Only last recorded grade counts NOT your highest.

That's crazy.

We get 50 questions and 75 minutes and that's it.

If you fail you can take a make up but the highest score you can get is a 75 and no varsity games.

@Jglopez7 - In this association in Connecticut technically it's 80. Not sure what it is statewide, might be the same, might not. As far as post-season knows, we have no idea. It was told to us not to expect to work varsity games for at least 3 seasons.The way the test was explained to us though, that if you score between 70-79 you can still umpire the season, as long as you correct the questions you got wrong with a rules reference and explanation. It's also 100 questions, all true or false and open book.So we'll see how it goes. I don't think it will be that bad. Just like @BT_Blue said, have to take the questions at face value and not read too far into it. Still have 2 weeks of the clinic to go and 3 weeks until the test. Don't really have an excuse not to be ready at that point, imo anyway.

We are given about different 12 test. 3 new per week till end of february or something. You can take it till you pass. Only last recorded grade counts NOT your highest.That's crazy.We get 50 questions and 75 minutes and that's it.If you fail you can take a make up but the highest score you can get is a 75 and no varsity games.

It is probably because you are cuban! Jk

No requirement to take/pass a test in order to work a varsity game here.  You do have to get hired by a commissioner or an AD, though.

In order to work post-season, you typically have to be what the state calls "Level 5" or higher.  To be L5, you have to work at least 4 varsity games and score an 85 on the Part 1 and Part 2 tests, which are both done open book, online.  In order to be the highest level, you only need to work 8 varsity games and score 90 on Part 1 and Part 2 -- still open book.

Truth is, baseball is one sport I could work virtually every day if I wanted to.  I only solicit games from three HS conferences -- between those games (typically about 30) and my college schedule, it's more than enough.