Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4728 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Have you compared the standard profile to the low profile? I've got both and while I love my low profiles I can tell you they aren't for everybody. You can't fit anything but a 4 stitch under it without the bill sticking out of the frame or pushing against the top cross bar which doesn't exactly feel good when a ball hits the top half of the mask. It's also much flatter than most masks which causes it to take more direct shots that would otherwise be redirected of a standard profile frame. I'm not by any means saying that the low profile is a bad frame at all but just trying to let you and others know about it's short comings as compared to a standard profile titanium mask.

  • Like 1
Posted

A standard Titanium looks great powder coated as you saw from Chris's picture. As far as the prototype I believe that it is the same profile as the Titanium but I'm not positive. I know that original dynalite was the same profile as a standard Titanium but it does seem smaller overall when you have them side by side just because the bars are so much thicker on the dynalite.

Posted

I have the Wilson Ti powder coated. I havent used it ever, its actually for sale. As far as the aluminum...some of the MLB guys are wearing them and some aren't.  Many, like Eric Cooper are wearing the Wilson Ti powder coated. Same profile and nearly the same weight. Wilson is no longer going forward with the SL Aluminum. The 2014 product catalog doesnt list it and Wilson has verified that it isnt being produced. 

Posted

UmpNation21, I have a Wilson Titanium Low Profile mask that's been powder coated satin black. If you're still interested in buying one PM me. I might be willing to sell if the price is right.

post-2276-0-41106200-1382411022_thumb.jp

post-2276-0-36326800-1382411053_thumb.jp

×
×
  • Create New...