Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4867 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have no clue where to start with this thing. :D

 

First impression -- it seems just as heavy if not slightly heavier than my Riddell Power.  Of course that's with the extension on as well as some other pieces I'll probably remove.

 

I'll weigh them both at some point to compare.

 

No games for 8 days (taking a much-needed break), so I'll have time to figure this thing out, I guess.

Posted

I've already decided that I'll be removing the side wings and the bottom.  The only question mark is whether I'll need the neck attachment or not.  Pulling the protector up without it seems to still cover the bottom of my ribcage, and if that's the case when I have it appropriately tightened, I'll go without it.

 

It may be marginally lighter than the Riddell, but it's also much more form fitting since the material bends and there are no hard plates sticking out at strange angles.

 

I'll wait till SWMBO is home so I can get some help in setting the straps, etc. -- a service she always provides with only one or two eye rolls.

Posted

You still have time to get a delta harness by All- Star. You might find it hard to clip with the stock harness and you will not find that with the delta. I love my Unequal. It sits high and doesn't move or need to be adjusted. I have seen people wearing them and you can't tell they are using a chest protector. May the force be with you.

Posted

You still have time to get a delta harness by All- Star. You might find it hard to clip with the stock harness and you will not find that with the delta. I love my Unequal. It sits high and doesn't move or need to be adjusted. I have seen people wearing them and you can't tell they are using a chest protector. May the force be with you.

 

I have a Delta harness sitting around here somewhere.  I bought it to use with the Power and I didn't have long enough straps to get it on right.  Something to play around with this weekend between the 4 Phillies / Brewers games I'll be watching.

Posted

 

You still have time to get a delta harness by All- Star. You might find it hard to clip with the stock harness and you will not find that with the delta. I love my Unequal. It sits high and doesn't move or need to be adjusted. I have seen people wearing them and you can't tell they are using a chest protector. May the force be with you.

 

I have a Delta harness sitting around here somewhere.  I bought it to use with the Power and I didn't have long enough straps to get it on right.  Something to play around with this weekend between the 4 Phillies / Brewers games I'll be watching.

 

You will have to use the clips that come with the unequal, but otherwise the harness is perfect

Posted

 

 

You still have time to get a delta harness by All- Star. You might find it hard to clip with the stock harness and you will not find that with the delta. I love my Unequal. It sits high and doesn't move or need to be adjusted. I have seen people wearing them and you can't tell they are using a chest protector. May the force be with you.

 

I have a Delta harness sitting around here somewhere.  I bought it to use with the Power and I didn't have long enough straps to get it on right.  Something to play around with this weekend between the 4 Phillies / Brewers games I'll be watching.

 

You will have to use the clips that come with the unequal, but otherwise the harness is perfect

 

 

I guess I'm stupid, but the Delta harness has two very short straps at the top -- do I need to reuse some of the straps from the Unequal?  They just don't seem long enough to work by themselves.

Posted

I'm talking about the shoulder straps.  The ones on the Delta Flex harness are very short -- much shorter than the ones on my Power and on the Unequal.  

Posted

 

 

 

You still have time to get a delta harness by All- Star. You might find it hard to clip with the stock harness and you will not find that with the delta. I love my Unequal. It sits high and doesn't move or need to be adjusted. I have seen people wearing them and you can't tell they are using a chest protector. May the force be with you.

 

I have a Delta harness sitting around here somewhere.  I bought it to use with the Power and I didn't have long enough straps to get it on right.  Something to play around with this weekend between the 4 Phillies / Brewers games I'll be watching.

 

You will have to use the clips that come with the unequal, but otherwise the harness is perfect

 

 

I guess I'm stupid, but the Delta harness has two very short straps at the top -- do I need to reuse some of the straps from the Unequal?  They just don't seem long enough to work by themselves.

 

They are long enough. The delta harness works fine. Unless there is some other delta harness other than the one ordered from Ump Attire

Posted

I have had to modify the straps on the top of the delta on all of my CPs. the delta straps work great on the All-Star rig, but are too short for everything else IMHO.

Posted

I have had to modify the straps on the top of the delta on all of my CPs. the delta straps work great on the All-Star rig, but are too short for everything else IMHO.

Might be a YMMV thing, I put the Delta on my Douglas-Douglas and it's perfect.

  • Like 1
Posted

 

I have had to modify the straps on the top of the delta on all of my CPs. the delta straps work great on the All-Star rig, but are too short for everything else IMHO.

Might be a YMMV thing, I put the Delta on my Douglas-Douglas and it's perfect.

 

 

I've done the same with my Douglas (singular tense :)).  The top straps were "just" long enough I thought, took them up almost an inch before my game last night and wondered why I hadn't done this since I bought the harness a year ago - perfect now.  The original straps on my Douglas were so long I was convinced the DF was too short, but it is all good.

  • Like 1
×
×
  • Create New...