Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4923 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Moved to a new area and getting some varsity assignments. Tonight the home team head coach introduces himself at the plate meeting as Grady Little. I kind of pause for a bit but I don't say anything. I confirm with the catcher during warm ups it is the Grady Little of Red Sox fame/infamy. Being a lifelong Bosox fan the valley of my despair was the 2003 ALDS. The only thing that soothed that pain was 2004. Kind of neat. He was a gentleman the entire game.

  • Like 1
Posted

I must commend you for not asking him how long he was going to wait to make a pitching change

  • Like 1
Posted

I have had games with ex major league player's before and most times they are excellent coaches and role models for their players. One exception was an ex S.F. Giant outfielder (who shall remain nameless), who came absolutely unglued at a malicious contact call at the plate. He ranted and raved, pulled his team off the field, so I ejected him. He asked me about 20 times, "Don't you know who I am?", and I said " yes,(insert first name), you are the guy who is going to be warming up the bus".  

×
×
  • Create New...