Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4926 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

1) Is there a difference between catcher masks and umpire masks? While I am curious about regular maks, I am specifically wanting to know about hockey style masks.

 

2) I wear XL shirts. In buying an umpiring shirt, should I go with an XXL to go over my equipment?

Posted

1) I will let one of the resident gear whores answer that.

2) Matters by shirt.  Some are specifically cut for plate, so you will actually have to size down for the base possibly.  Read the descriptions on the gear supplier's site.

Posted

Pretty decent deal on the craigslist stuff. As for the hockey style mask (HSM) usually the umpire version is solid black and has a titanium cage. I have a catcher's version and it work fine and costs half as much. Mine is also solid black. ( I have an All-Star 2500)

Posted

The Craig's List seller updated from Wilson pro gear to diamond gear. Wow. Interesting update...or downgrade IMHO

  • Like 1
Posted

Pretty decent deal on the craigslist stuff. As for the hockey style mask (HSM) usually the umpire version is solid black and has a titanium cage. I have a catcher's version and it work fine and costs half as much. Mine is also solid black. ( I have an All-Star 2500)

I don't 100% agree here.....   An umpires version is only typically black.  The cage can vary and it varies based on what level of baseball you're calling.  If you see over 90mph, AllStar suggests the MVP4000 anything under that speed will be more than good enough with the 2500.  A titanium cage has nothing to do with being an umpires mask or HSM.  The titanium cage however, will be a touch lighter ......

 

As for shirts, TNCoach, just do a search on the equipment forum and you'll find TONS of info on shirt sizing :D .... I concur it WILL DEPEND on the manufacture, ....but ....nowadays most shirts are cut for plate gear.  So, when you see "sized for plate" you can order your NORMAL size ....

 

Offer $250 See what happens. Even $225

I TOTALLY concur with Rolando here ..... offer him 225 see what he does!

×
×
  • Create New...