Got one on Monday.

muddauber77
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5054 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I had the plate on a 10u fastpitch softball game, opening round of Babe Ruth state championships.

R-1 with no out.

My partner called R-1 out for leaving early. Time, no pitch, runner is out. One of the assistants walked to the fence and was telling the group of parents how my partner only wanted to show that he knew the rule and she didn't leave early. My partner could not have heard the comments. At the time what he said sounded alot worse than when I type it out.

I ejected the coach for inciting fans. The head coach, calmly, approached me after asking permission and wanted to know what happened. I told him and all was well for the rest of the game.

Was I right for my actions? I felt that the coach abused his right to be in the team area by communicating in such a way with his teams parents.

I had a warm fuzzy feeling afterward but now I want to learn from it.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The parents of these 10u's around here get pretty harsh sometimes. Once they get to the 12, 14, or 16u's they calm down a bunch. They ususally don't need any help getting riled up.

I was hoping that I wasn't to quick on it. If it's any defence he was wearing a visor and matching unifor to the girls. Should have got him when I first saw him. :D

I had the plate on a 10u fastpitch softball game, opening round of Babe Ruth state championships.

R-1 with no out.

My partner called R-1 out for leaving early. Time, no pitch, runner is out. One of the assistants walked to the fence and was telling the group of parents how my partner only wanted to show that he knew the rule and she didn't leave early. My partner could not have heard the comments. At the time what he said sounded alot worse than when I type it out.

I ejected the coach for inciting fans. The head coach, calmly, approached me after asking permission and wanted to know what happened. I told him and all was well for the rest of the game.

Was I right for my actions? I felt that the coach abused his right to be in the team area by communicating in such a way with his teams parents.

I had a warm fuzzy feeling afterward but now I want to learn from it.

Huh? Your partner only wanted to show he knew the rules and that the runner didn't leave early. Wouldn't that show he didn't know the rules?

Did he argue with the BU before walking over? If he was quiet and then walked over and just said it complaining to them I think it was too harsh, but if he argued and then walked over and got the crowd all riled up I think you got a good one. Without being there and knowing how some of these coaches are, I would say you got a good one.