Studying for <acronym title='High school rules, aka FED '>NFHS</acronym> test

Triguy29
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4501 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I have a study guide but there are a few questions that I can't find in the book. Please help.

It is umpire interference when:

A. the plate umpire bumps a catcher attempting to throw out a runner

B. The umpire collides with a runner and that runner is tagged out (I figure it is but can't find it specifically in the rule book)

C. Both A and B

D. Niether A or B (obviously not D because A defenately is)

In the TOP of the sixth inning, the coach removes F1, a starter, because it was the tea,s fourth defensive conference. In the bottom of the sixth, the removed F1 reports to pinch hitfor the pitcher who substituted for him. U1 will correctly:

A. Refuse the substitution, stating F1 was removed because of a fourth defensive conference.

B. Allow F1 to pinch hit for anyone.

C. Allow the action. F1 may return to any position.

D. Allow the action provided F1 does not return to pitch, is in his original position in the batting order and has not previously used his re-entry

In the TOP of the sixth inning, the coach removes F1, a starter, because it was the tea,s fourth defensive conference. In the bottom of the sixth, the removed F1 reports to pinch hitfor the pitcher who substituted for him. U1 will correctly:

A. Refuse the substitution, stating F1 was removed because of a fourth defensive conference.

D. Allow the action provided F1 does not return to pitch, is in his original position in the batting order and has not previously used his re-entry

D

I really should look this up, but I think it's D as well.

What they want to make sure you understand here, is the penalty for a 4th charged conference in a seven inning game.

3-4-1 PENALTY: After three charged conferences in a seven inning game, or for any charged conference in excess of one in each extra inning, the pitcher shall be removed as pitcher for the duration of the game.

From what I understand, if the team was not over the limit of charged conferences, the player can be removed as pitcher in the 6th inning, and come back and pitch the 7th.

If a pitcher stays in the game and simply changes positions from F1 to anywhere else, he is allowed to return as pitcher as often as the coach would like, with the provision that he can only be removed as pitcher and return as pitcher only once per inning. (3-1-2)

• Like 2