Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5978 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I had this last night and not sure if I made the correct call. Didn't hear any complaints about it.

D3K hits the catcher and bounces and comes to rest on the line about 3 feet down the line.. As the runner tries to go to 1B he steps on the ball.

I let the play go. He got thrown out at first anyway.

I know on a batted fair ball he would have been out. But not sure in this case.

  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

If it's close to the plate, sounds like it was, and the batter doesn't do it intentionally, then let it go.

Thats what I was hoping to hear! Thanks.

I did let it go and all was good.

But after the game my assignor who was watching the game got on me about it because he thought it was a batted ball.

I told him no that it was a D3K. He still thinks it was a batted ball. Go figure.

Posted

You got it right.

If it is unintentional, let it go.

Obviously your assignor is not a umpire.:cheers:

Posted

You got it right.

If it is unintentional, let it go.

Obviously your assignor is not a umpire.:censored:

LOL Our assignor is a 64yo man that has been Umpiring for 31 years.

Brags about how many thousands of games he was worked.

I will give him credit. He knows his stuff when it comes to rules.

He just got this one wrong.

Posted

LOL Our assignor is a 64yo man that has been Umpiring for 31 years.

Brags about how many thousands of games he was worked.

I will give him credit. He knows his stuff when it comes to rules.

He just got this one wrong.

64 yrs old and 31 years....must have taken a toll on his eyes.....how can you say a ball was batted on a D3K ?:FIRE:

Posted

64 yrs old and 31 years....must have taken a toll on his eyes.....how can you say a ball was batted on a D3K ?:FIRE:

:clap: Well he is the type that if he is watching a game he is constantly chatting with the fans. Specially the good looking moms in the crowd.

I think he just looked up and the ball was on the ground and didn't really see what happened.

Posted

:clap: Well he is the type that if he is watching a game he is constantly chatting with the fans. Specially the good looking moms in the crowd.

I think he just looked up and the ball was on the ground and didn't really see what happened.

Nuttin' wrong w/ a few GLMs in the crowd!!:FIRE: I had one sitting right behind me on Wednesday night, .... it was fun grabbing a drink of water every other 1/2 inning ;):clap:

Posted

Nuttin' wrong w/ a few GLMs in the crowd!!:FIRE: I had one sitting right behind me on Wednesday night, .... it was fun grabbing a drink of water every other 1/2 inning :clap::clap:

I was working a game last week I was BU and the fence was only like 10 feet from the line and on the other side of the fence a very very good looking Mom sunbathing in a bikini. WOW very distracting.

Posted

I was working a game last week I was BU and the fence was only like 10 feet from the line and on the other side of the fence a very very good looking Mom sunbathing in a bikini. WOW very distracting.

I know umpires are FULL of stories, but ...come on ....really?!?!

Posted

I know umpires are FULL of stories, but ...come on ....really?!?!

Absolutely true. She was the wife of one of the Head Coaches.


×
×
  • Create New...