Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5983 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Not without seeing / hearing you work. You yourself said it's HTBT.

But, I've clearly seen some that were too drawn out, too loud, too sing-song, or all of the above.

Fair enough...just wondering, and you're right, ...it is a HTBT thing for sure. But, ...I'll defend myself here saying that I know that I'm not too drawn out, not too loud, and not too "sing-sing" [that's funny by the way:clap:] After thinking about it more, ...mine is a loud 'modified-hike' that's approx-2 seconds long ...... Hhhiiiiiiikeeeee

Anyhow .... I've asked a few partners about my call, and everyone I've worked with have said that it's great, ...it's authoritative and leaves no doubt, so that made me feel better.

bikerider: I totally agree w/ your assessment ....if you're "soft" , the coaches will be ALL OVER YOU. If you're more authoritative, there's less room to doubt, etc...and it shows you're IN THE GAME and , well, ....you know!:confused:

Edited by Thunderheads
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

I tend to be clear and louder with strikes, and give the count on the odd pitches, then everyone is happy. And that animated bs, is just not good. If a guy, knows he was rung, I am softer, slower and pull the chainsaw. If the guy doesnt, loud and quick.

Posted

On a called strike I stand up tall, slight step to the right, throw a dart with a STRIKE!.

On a called strike three, I'll hammer it with a STRIKE, then step back and rip it with a THREEEE! I try not to add too many Es to it.

Posted

If you mean that 2-seconds literally, that's too long, imo.

Ok, I'm at work, and wasn't paying attention..........

I just did a simulation and looked at my watch, ...it's 1 second actually:D

Posted

Ok, I'm at work, and wasn't paying attention..........

I just did a simulation and looked at my watch, ...it's 1 second actually:D

:wave:


×
×
  • Create New...