Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5991 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

OK... We have bases loaded nobody out I'm UIC, SLOW ground ball hit to the second baseman...I'm watching the runner from third come home and touch home I see my partner with a delayed dead ball signal and the baserunner on the ground...he calls obstruction and the runner out (he should have called interference on the runner) because the runner intefered with the fielder. NOW the defensive coach comes out and asks if the runner who was cfoming home should have been called out because he was the forced runner...my partner says NO because there was NO chance for a double play and only the runner advancing to second would be out. I remember somthing in my readings about a leading runner being out on interference Could I get some help and NFHS Rule?

  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

I think I got it!!!

2010 BASEBALL CASEBOOK

8.4.2 SITUATION E: All bases are occupied with no outs when B4 hits a ground ball to F4 and R3 collides with him as he is fielding the ball. RULING: The ball became dead when the interference occurred. R3 is declared out . If the umpire declares that F4 could have executed a double play, then the umpire shall declare two outs (the runner who interfered and the other runner or batter runner involved). If the umpire rules that only one runner could have been put out, then only R3 is out. NO RUNS SCORE AND ALL OTHER RUNNERS SHALL RETURN TO BASES OCCUPIED AT THE TIME OF INTERFERENCE.

Posted

I think I got it!!!

2010 BASEBALL CASEBOOK

8.4.2 SITUATION E: All bases are occupied with no outs when B4 hits a ground ball to F4 and R3 collides with him as he is fielding the ball. RULING: The ball became dead when the interference occurred. R3 is declared out . If the umpire declares that F4 could have executed a double play, then the umpire shall declare two outs (the runner who interfered and the other runner or batter runner involved). If the umpire rules that only one runner could have been put out, then only R3 is out. NO RUNS SCORE AND ALL OTHER RUNNERS SHALL RETURN TO BASES OCCUPIED AT THE TIME OF INTERFERENCE.

And if this is from the FED book, R3 is the runner from first.

Posted

1dumbquestion:

It's Fed so all obstructions are DDB, the same for college. However, it was incorrectly called obstruction when it was actually interference. There it's an imediate dead ball.

Posted

in interference the runner is out and BR gets 1st all others return to thier TOP base. so R3 should not have scored. 1

This is correct. However, if the umpire felt the INT prevented a double play, then two could be ruled out.


×
×
  • Create New...