Balk?

Thunderheads
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4658 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The camera angle could make it look worse than it is. From this angle, it does appear he goes too far toward HP for me. Plus, he does have a wide stance already and looks could be deceiving. But, I have a balk from this angle. Too bad we don't get a look from HP or 1B to get a better look.

Upon watching it several times, it is closer than I originally thought. But, I still think so from this angle. It is always tough to draw a line of how far is too far. Plus, R1 went on first movement so there may be more leniency since he wasn't fooled by any move to be picked off.

The camera angle could make it look worse than it is. From this angle, it does appear he goes too far toward HP for me. Plus, he does have a wide stance already and looks could be deceiving. But, I have a balk from this angle. Too bad we don't get a look from HP or 1B to get a better look.

Thanks ...I thought it was sort of "iffy" as well ...... What I noticed was his lead foot...looks really close to crossing the front of the rubber ....

Thanks ...I thought it was sort of "iffy" as well ...... What I noticed was his lead foot...looks really close to crossing the front of the rubber ....

It has to go behind the back edge of the rubber. Front edge means nothing.

It has to go behind the back edge of the rubber. Front edge means nothing.

I knew I was missing something here .......wow I look dumb sometimes!:shakehead: