Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 6629 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. I am from Boise, ID. Started umpiring in 1988 in Northridge, CA. Did it for 3 years in Northridge LL, working games from 12u up to 15u at 21 years old. Took several years off due to work, then started up again in 2003, working 10u for a year, then 12u for 2 years. Took a couple years off, then started up again full time last season, working about 125 games from 10u al the way up to Over 40 ball. Was fortunate enough to work several 15u tournaments and having plate duty for a few championship games. Got selected to work the Cal Ripken 70' Pacific Northwest Regionals last year, and was picked to work the plate for the championship game, with the winner going to the World Series in Aberdeen, MD. This year was my first foray into HS ball, and loved it. Worked Freshman and JV during the regular season, and was selected to work the district playoffs, both semifinal games in the 4A division, which I was honored to do since it was my first year of high school ball. I am currently working the summer tourneys, including district, state, and regional playoffs for Cal Ripken/Babe Ruth.

I love to umpire because I love the game and helping the kids. I could do without the rats and the parents who are "genius' of the game," but they don't bother me too much. I am very grateful for sites like this to share stories and gain more knowledge, as well as maybe to meet new friends that I may work with one day.

Baseball is the greatest game on the planet, and I can't believe that I actually get paid to be in the ballpark almost every day!

Take care guys and gals, and I hope to get to know all of you!

blue32

  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Welcome aboard!

Hey thanks cato! I'd love to see this board get more traffic, everyone here seems really cool, and the posters are not as abrasive as I have experienced at other sites. I am going to tell everyone I know about this site to try and help our Chief build it up.

Posted

Hey thanks cato! I'd love to see this board get more traffic, everyone here seems really cool, and the posters are not as abrasive as I have experienced at other sites. I am going to tell everyone I know about this site to try and help our Chief build it up.

Thanks I appreciate it. I am going to keep the tone positive. Not saying there wont be any smart a$$ remarks or friendly busting of chops, but no personal attacks.

Posted

Thanks I appreciate it. I am going to keep the tone positive. Not saying there wont be any smart a$$ remarks or friendly busting of chops, but no personal attacks.

Nothing wrong with that, Chief!

  • 4 weeks later...

×
×
  • Create New...