Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5594 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I tried to do a search of the forums looking for input on different clinics around the country but came up pretty dry. For all intensive purposes I'm brand new to the umpire side of the game but have a drive to truly improve and step up my game and to help me do that I'm looking for a clinic to attend.

I've done two years at the youth level, up to a few 14u games, but received a grand total of ZERO minutes of training. I'd like to make the jump to High school and have some idea of what I'm doing when I get there. Location of a clinic doesn't really matter as I love to travel. I can take a week or two off of work no problem, but money is a concern for me (I'm a low paid city employee). So that's what I have and I would love some input on clinics out there that would help a complete rookie prepare for High School ball. Thanks Guys!

  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

I am assuming from your screenname that you are in Texas. There are some good options in your neck of the woods. There are regional schools through LL that are really good. There is also the Arizona Umpire Academy that is styled after the Evans school. I believe Evans does a desert classic in Arizona or California. There are guys here that have more knowledge of that area than I do but it's a start.

Arizona Clnc

Desert Classic

Posted

I tried to do a search of the forums looking for input on different clinics around the country but came up pretty dry. For all intensive purposes I'm brand new to the umpire side of the game but have a drive to truly improve and step up my game and to help me do that I'm looking for a clinic to attend.

I've done two years at the youth level, up to a few 14u games, but received a grand total of ZERO minutes of training. I'd like to make the jump to High school and have some idea of what I'm doing when I get there. Location of a clinic doesn't really matter as I love to travel. I can take a week or two off of work no problem, but money is a concern for me (I'm a low paid city employee). So that's what I have and I would love some input on clinics out there that would help a complete rookie prepare for High School ball. Thanks Guys!

Send me an e-mail (Email me) and I'll be happy to discuss with you the Mid-American Umpire Clinic in Springfield, MO.

JB

Mid-American Umpire Clinic


×
×
  • Create New...