Bull#@$%# on Pitch Counts?

therefump
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5447 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Citizen Ryan, who one season threw 5,684 pitches in 333 innings pitched, is doing something about it. By the way, the season was 1974, when Ryan was 22-16 for the Angels, leading the American League with 202 walks and 367 strikeouts. He averaged 135 pitches for 41 starts. That insane workload ravaged his arm so severely his career only lasted 19 more seasons. Ryan was still throwing in the 90s when he finally retired at age 46.

:clap:

Pitchers today would wilt long before they got anywhere near these sort of stats.

Not only that but Ryan was tough. I remember in the early 90's in the twilight of his career some guy charged Nolan Ryan. Ryan got him in a headlock and proceeded to wail on him and the batter was half Ryans age if I remember correctly. Nolan Ryan is the man.

That was Robin Ventura??? I couldn't remember that. I remember I was working as a bar back at a popular spot in Va Beach and was working hard watching that game on TV and was just thinking wow....

Another game I remember was that Ryan got hit in the face by an hit right up the middle and he continued to play looking really rough.

BTW I heard on the radio today that today is the anniversary of Ryans 4th no hitter.