Greetings from Wyoming

Ikasnu
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2651 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Hello, I'm an amatuer umpire but a fan and player all my life (until injuries happened).  Tried my hand at coaching and while I enjoyed it, it wasn't for me.  So to get my Baseball fix in each year I have resorted to umpiring, started just last year and feel I did pretty well.  However I want to get better.

Right now I am in an uncompetetive league for 13yr-16yr but have hopes of getting involved in our Legion program around Cheyenne.  There'a not a lot of opportunity here in the State of Wyoming, our climate doesn't exactly breed ball players of high caliber (Brandon Nimmo an exception).

Anyway I am hoping to learn a lot here and eventually use what pay I recieve to buy some gear.

Welcome to the Worlds Best Free Umpire Clinic!................Anytime you have a few minutes just search the forums for a question you might have on Rules, Mechanics, gear and situations.

You will instantly be able to access the responses of the members..........you are guaranteed to learn something........   

I drove through Cheyenne last summer and on the wall of the coffee shop where I stopped, there was a flyer for the baseball tourney going on that weekend. My first thought was not "I really should be getting home with the wife and kids" as it should have been, but "dang, I don't have my gear, I bet they need umpires."

Welcome aboard!

• Like 1