Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

At today's pre-season state wide baseball season rule review, I just learned that the NFHS gave WV, on a trial run, the use of video review at the state championships this year.  The championship tourney is at Marshall University (D1 school in the Sun Belt Conference) and they, of course, have the technology already. I don't think this is a one year trial, but, the championship is at MU for the next three to five years (I can't remember when the contract comes up) so it could be a multi year trial.

I tried to remember the situations that video review could be used but I can't and will look for the list.  I do know it is only for 5 or 6 situations and not the 14 like the NCAA has.

The coaches get 2 reviews and if they are successful on both reviews, they will get a third review.  No mention of a crew chief review.

Of course, implementing or mandating this state wide for the regular season won't happen due to the single A schools that barely were able to convert the cow fields and strip mines into baseball fields.  But, I wonder if this will move toward that the fields which already have the technology or a rich booster that can pay for it, video review will be allowed to be used.  There are probably five fields/stadiums (D1 and low pro) in the state that could/do have it.  There are probably 30 NFHS games a year played on these fields in WV.

So, it is starting....

  

  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
11 hours ago, BLWizzRanger said:

At today's pre-season state wide baseball season rule review, I just learned that the NFHS gave WV, on a trial run, the use of video review at the state championships this year.  The championship tourney is at Marshall University (D1 school in the Sun Belt Conference) and they, of course, have the technology already. I don't think this is a one year trial, but, the championship is at MU for the next three to five years (I can't remember when the contract comes up) so it could be a multi year trial.

I tried to remember the situations that video review could be used but I can't and will look for the list.  I do know it is only for 5 or 6 situations and not the 14 like the NCAA has.

The coaches get 2 reviews and if they are successful on both reviews, they will get a third review.  No mention of a crew chief review.

Of course, implementing or mandating this state wide for the regular season won't happen due to the single A schools that barely were able to convert the cow fields and strip mines into baseball fields.  But, I wonder if this will move toward that the fields which already have the technology or a rich booster that can pay for it, video review will be allowed to be used.  There are probably five fields/stadiums (D1 and low pro) in the state that could/do have it.  There are probably 30 NFHS games a year played on these fields in WV.

So, it is starting....

  

I am in a group chat with one of the people that helped develop this for WV. You likely will not see it outside of the Championships solely due to the cost. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...