Sign in to follow this  
Umpire in Chief

More rain blues

Well it rained Sunday evening, all day yesterday and is now just starting to clear out. I didn't care too much that my Mustang games wer cancelled last night, but I really want my game tonight. I'm scheduled to have a really good game b/t 2 solid schools this isn't the biggest rivalry in the district but is 2nd or 3rd. Two quality teams two quality coaches and this will have definate impact with the district tournament around the corner. If its cancelled I doubt I will be able to get it on the reschedule as I'm nearly compleetly booked through the first week in May. Then the tournament schedule will go out. I doubt I will get many games in the tournament because of my work availability. So I'm really looking forward to it.

We have already started our playoffs here, Class A-B. Regionals are late this week. I was asked to call one but my wife is graduating college at the same time. Family is coming in, ceremonies, parties and all. Here is a piece of advice to all, don't tell your wife that, while you are proud of her, umpiring regionals is also a big deal. Not good...not good:(

I'm graduating soon. I would totally skip the ceremony to umpire a playoff game. Is that wrong? After proving myself for 4 years graduation is more of a technicality in my book, but the family thinks it's the greatest thing ever.

My brother and I have a running joke about this. Just about every significant celebratory event in my life, he was umpiring that day.

Grammar School Grad

Confirmation

HS Grad

Wedding day

He's always made it to the party/ceremony, but he had a ball game to take care of first. Now he is retired from umpiring and I try to get games when he has events, but no payback.

Hey Guys,

I have a little different perspective as the dad of the graduate. I want to make sure my kid walks and gets that diploma. IT COST ALOT OF $$$$!!! Seriously, I wouldn't miss it for the world. There is a big varsity tournament in town that weekend every year. I love to work it, but family comes first. So far I have had one graduate, have another one next week, and then just 3 more to go. Our state tournament doesn't start until the last week of May. They don't finish until after most schools are done for the year.

Mid-Mich. Blue

Hey Guys,

I have a little different perspective as the dad of the graduate. I want to make sure my kid walks and gets that diploma. IT COST ALOT OF $$$$!!! Seriously, I wouldn't miss it for the world. There is a big varsity tournament in town that weekend every year. I love to work it, but family comes first. So far I have had one graduate, have another one next week, and then just 3 more to go. Our state tournament doesn't start until the last week of May. They don't finish until after most schools are done for the year.

Mid-Mich. Blue

My hat's off to you. I'm paying for it myself and I'm getting out of it with no school debt (why do you think I got into umpiring?). Personally, I just want school to die a quick, quiet death. I have a wonderful GPA and a great degree, but I don't need the ceremony.

My hat's off to you. I'm paying for it myself and I'm getting out of it with no school debt (why do you think I got into umpiring?). Personally, I just want school to die a quick, quiet death. I have a wonderful GPA and a great degree, but I don't need the ceremony.

I went to college nights. My company and the government (GI Bill) paid for it. It took six years and when I was done, I had no interest in a ceremony or even a party. But it was nice to have a night off.:eek: