Own your calls

Velho
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 748 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Putting this in free-for-all to further indicate I am not picking on the umpire in question or ranting. It actually made me laugh in all honesty as I feel for BU but I did feel it should be brought to the table so we can all learn and remember what we owe the game.

In my son's HS Varsity game today there was a nice banger play on BR at 1B. BU says "OUT!" while giving a safe mechanic. F3 took in the safe mechanic and paused but didn't otherwise react. BR stayed on 1B. BU stepped into towards F3 and (according to F3) said something along the lines of "my bad" (which jibes with everyone's actions that followed) . F3 gave him a "that's ok" nod/hand gesture. BU went to A and then B after being pushed over by PU.

Own your calls. Yes, you may look stupid for double signaling but so be it. You can work to do better next time. It's ok to be human but make things as right as you can. As the saying goes "Hard decisions, easy life. Easy decisions, hard life."

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic