New Mechanic w/ Runner on 2b?

Astrosdawg07
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5457 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When was the TASO manual updated? It sounds like they are taking their mechanic from the NFHS manual which changed this year. If you are in a TASO chapter you may want to ask your training officer and see if they want to change it accordingly.

When was the TASO manual updated? It sounds like they are taking their mechanic from the NFHS manual which changed this year. If you are in a TASO chapter you may want to ask your training officer and see if they want to change it accordingly.

They did change it in the middle of the year. That's what prompted me to start this thread.

OK, I lost the thread. As I stated above on a clean triple the BU had it all the way. On a first to third situation and the ball on the infield, the BU has all the bases, the PU stays home. On a first to third and the in the outfield, the PU does come to third. However, if the ball is wild at third, the PU has to take the play at home. He has to come in fair and take from the inside. Because there are multiple runners the BU can not rotate home.