Fresh meat from Northern IN

KayTup

Hey there everyone! Glad to be here. I’ve looked over this forum quite a bit while I was buying gear and getting more and more into umpiring, but I never did make an account until now. 

I started off with Little League ball when I was 16 two years ago and this summer I’ve made the jump to youth travel ball. I’m looking forward to getting to know some of you and learning more about umpiring! Hopefully you can continue to help answer my (oftentimes stupid) questions.

2 hours ago, SeeingEyeDog said:

Eject early and often...

Not the best advice to "new" umpires, especially when they get labeled as "thin-skinned" or "trigger-happy", and soon start carrying these "war stories" into tailgate or hatchback tales with true "red-a$$" umpires, and the pi$$ing match ensues. 

Of course, as the saying goes... Your Mileage Might Vary.

2 hours ago, SeeingEyeDog said:

it's nothing until we call it.

Hmm... Including the obvious foul ball to the backstop?

Oh sorry, where are my manners? Welcome @KayTup.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MadMax said:

Not the best advice to "new" umpires, especially when they get labeled as "thin-skinned" or "trigger-happy", and soon start carrying these "war stories" into tailgate or hatchback tales with true "red-a$$" umpires, and the pi$$ing match ensues. 

Haha, love the advice! Luckily, I haven’t had to run anyone just yet… but the time will always inevitably come. Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

4 hours ago, MadMax said:

Of course, as the saying goes... Your Mileage Might Vary.

Hmm... Including the obvious foul ball to the backstop?

By telling him to eject early and often...it gives balance to The Force since I am out there ejecting late and infrequently.

To amend Captain Semantic...

Calls that are not obvious...are nothing until will call them.

~Dawg

5 minutes ago, SeeingEyeDog said:

By telling him to eject early and often...it gives balance to The Force since I am out there ejecting late and infrequently.

I’ll make sure to help you keep the balance by ringing up any coach or player that looks at me the wrong way 😉

• Like 1