...and then there is the good day

LMSANS
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3255 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

LL-Jr. not quality baseball, 2:15 time limit  Working a split doubleheader at 2 locations (normal this time of year).

Game 1 - 7 innings 3-1 visitors, 5 double plays, 1:30

Game 2 - 7 innings 4-3 home in bottom of 7,2 double plays, 1:45

:hi5:

• Like 2

2:15!? Holy cow you guys have long time limits. You gotta love ripping through them though in way under. We kinda got off real lucky yesterday because of impending rain they set time limits to 1:20. We whipped through 4 games in 5 hours. 

2:15!? Holy cow you guys have long time limits. You gotta love ripping through them though in way under. We kinda got off real lucky yesterday because of impending rain they set time limits to 1:20. We whipped through 4 games in 5 hours. 

​The time limit is only because of the quality of ball.  We almost never have field time restrictions (additional games to get in).  My first game this year was 24 - 16 after 4 innings when we reached the limit.  Losing team wanted an onside kick, but it was a school night.:smachhead:

​The time limit is only because of the quality of ball.  We almost never have field time restrictions (additional games to get in).  My first game this year was 24 - 16 after 4 innings when we reached the limit.  Losing team wanted an onside kick, but it was a school night.:smachhead:

​Onside kick? Isn't that football? 

I had a pretty good one on Saturday in a LL minors game. Pitcher struck out 9 of the 11 batters he faced, only one to reach was batter #11. Unfortunately he was 8 years old, and had a pitch count of 50, so even if he'd gotten batter 11 out, he wouldn't have been able to finish his perfect game, as he had passed 50 on batter 11. New pitcher comes in, throws two pitches, game over after 3.5 innings due to home team being up 11-0. Total game time, 75 minutes.

Easiest game ever tonight. Show up to do the plate meeting and HTHC comes over and tells us the visitors aren't coming. I thought the parking lot looked a little thin. Easiest $40 I've made a year. Bummed. I was looking forward to some decent ball after doing rec Monday and Tuesday then rec on Thursday and Friday too. 

• Like 1