Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4379 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok i have a retrofitted WV Gold now.  I have sold off all my other CPs.  I have had the Platinum and System 7.  Do I need a back up? If so what do yall suggest.  I know this has been discussed but this is a slow time on the board.

Posted

I have stretches in the spring where I'm working at least one game a day for months on end. Some days I'll have multiple games of course. As hot as it is here in AZ and with the range of games I work I use lots of different gear. I have two complete sets of everything in the car. Beyond that I have four CPs, two HSMs, two masks, three pairs of both plate and base shoes and three sets of shins. I want to avoid having to wear wet, moldy gear. Also, I'll have eight hats, maybe the same number of pants, 10-12 shirts and dozens of socks and undergarments.

Posted

@KenBAZ what 4 CPs do u have?

WV Gold, Davis Shield, (don't judge me!), Cooper Air Shield and McGregor soft CP with plastic shoulder caps. Love the Gold for HS, wear the others primarily for kiddie ball.

Posted

I don't think anyone can really go wrong by carrying a back up of anything. Most gear bags now have plenty of room for a back up chest protector as well as back up masks and shins. I carry two chest protectors as well as two masks. I have one primary mask and a back up mask that I use occasionally just for kicks. I don't really have a primary chest protector though. I've got one that I wear with normal short sleeve shirts and one that I wear with my convertible and long sleeve shirts. My short sleeve shirt chest protector is a Platinum with the sternum pad cut off as well as the extending pectoral pads cut off for better arm mobility and my long sleeve/convertible chest protector is a 97 Douglas 15 inch. I find that with a long sleeve shirt for me it looks better to have the lower profile Douglas because of the tighter fit around the arms it doesn't look as awkward as the the platinum due to the bulging effect I get with the Platinum. With the short sleeve shirt however it doesn't look as large because the sleeves don't taper down to a tighter fit. As for the convertible I just think it looks awesome having that Douglas logo showing with the zipper down. If I''m wearing a plate coat I pretty much just wing it and wear either one based on the mood I'm in that day. 

  • Like 1
×
×
  • Create New...